Who we are
Our website address is: http://karikatuur.ee.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
On using cookies in our e-environments
Cookies are small text files uploaded to the user’s computer via the e-environment’s server. As a result, the web browser can send information of the cookie back to the e-environment during every new visit to the eenvironment, in order to recognise the user.
Cookies may be disabled in your browser settings, if you have selected this option. Keep in mind that in some cases it may slow down the browsing of a website, reduce the functionality of certain websites or prevent access to them.
As a rule, we use data collected with cookies for the following purposes: Functional cookies and provision of services: Cookies are very important for the functioning of our website
and electronic services and allow us to streamline user experience.
Development of services: By tracking cookies, we can improve the functioning of our e-environment and
electronic services. For example, we can get information on what are the most popular parts of our website, which websites our users will pass by, from which websites they come from and how much time they spend at our e-environment.
Directing marketing: By using cookies, we can also collect information about the displaying of advertisement or specific browser-targeted content by creating different target groups.
We may combine the information obtained with cookies with information about you in other ways, e.g., with information about services used.
Our websites may have links to third-party websites, products and services, as well as social media extensions (e.g., Facebook plugins, Google Analytics) for marketing and statistics purposes. Third-party services or thirdparty applications on our websites are subject to the privacy protection rules of third parties. We recommend that you acquaint yourself with the personal data protection practices of data concerning such persons.
We offer a wide range of services (e.g., caricature drawings, portraits, digital caricatures, events and other services)
that you can use. In addition, we enable the use of different customer service and sales environments online,
other internet environments or electronic applications (e.g., service management ) (hereinafter ‘e-environment’). The composition of personal data collected thereby depends
on which specific services or e-environments you are using, what kind of data is needed to provide them, the extent to which data is being transmitted to us for this purpose and what kind of consent you give us for processing data. When collecting data, we adhere to the principle of collecting as little data as needed, i.e., we only collect data that is necessary for attaining an
We collect personal data in the following ways:
• we receive your data when you order a service or goods, subscribe to a newsletter, send us an information inquiry or complaint, and in other similar
• the data will be generated when you use our services (e.g., shopping data will be generated when you make purchases at online store);
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that use our services on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time . Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How do we use marketing profiling?
• General segmentation, creation and assignment of client types or profiles, in which we can analyse clients’ demographical data (age, gender), service usage data and other aggregate data by using a number of different (specific for various cases), internationally recognized statistical analysis methods to conduct profile analysis, in order to develop different client segments, types or profiles, and, based on the identification data and probability assessment used in the profile analysis, we can determine the specific client segment, type or profile (e.g. technology savvy client) and use this assessment for different marketing decisions (making an offer to the client, displaying personalized content and advertising in the e-environment, etc.).
• Behaviour and interest assessments on the basis of the Client’s journey, in the case of which we can analyse use clients’ data related to the use of services, website visit data and other data concerning purchasing behaviour and consumption, as well as various methods of statistical analysis and profile analysis, in order to derive client behaviour patterns, models and client types, and, on the basis of the aforementioned, provide a probability assessment on how interested a specific client would be in ordering and using a specific service, thereby predicting the client’s interest rate, etc.
• Location-based offers, in the case of which we can analyse data from clients who used communications services in the area of a specific event etc., and use methods of statistical analysis and profile analysis to decide whether or not to send a marketing offer or message to a specific client. You have the right to file an objection, at any time, concerning the processing of marketing data that is linked to you, including profile analysis for marketing purposes, by notifying Karikatuur.ee of this.
How do we ensure secure processing of your data?
We implements the necessary organisational and info-technological security measures to ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of the data. These measures include the protection of employees, information, IT infrastructure, corporate and public networks, as well as office buildings and technical equipment. The purpose of information security activities is to implement the appropriate level of protection of information, risk mitigation and risk prevention. We ensures the security of the communication network and the confidentiality of the message contents and form of messages sent by you, as well as the time and method of sending them, in accordance with terms and conditions that apply to Karikatuur.ee services and with legislation. The
measures required for this are implemented by Karikatuur.ee’s internal security regulations. If necessary, we will specify, on our website, the specific measures that we can use to ensure the security of the communication network. Our employees are subject to data confidentiality and protection requirements, personal data protection training is provided to them, and employees are liable for fulfilling their obligations. Our partners are required to ensure that their employees comply with the same rules as we do, and their employees are liable for meeting the requirements for the use of personal data.